Quotes from the book:
there are 3 barriers that block our total surrender to God: fear, pride and confusion. We don't realize how much God loves us, we want to control our lives, and we misunderstand the meaning of surrender.Can i trust Him? Trust is an essential ingredient to surrender. You won't surrender to Him unless you trust Him, but you can't trust Him until you know Him better. Fear keeps us from surrendering, but Love casts out all fear. The more you realize how much God loves you, the easier surrender becomes.
What it means to surrender. Surrendering is not passive resignation, fatalism, or an excuse for laziness. It is not accepting the status quo. It may mean the exact opposite: sacrificing your life or surrendering in order to change what needs to be changed. He calls surrendered people to do battle on his behalf. It is not for cowards or doormats.. Likewise, it does not mean giving up rational thinking. Surrendering is not repressing your personality. He would not waste the mind He gave you! Rather than your personality being diminished, surrendering enhances it.
u know you are surrendered to God when you rely on Him to work things out instead of trying to manipulate others, force your agenda and control the situation. You let go and let God work. You don't have to be always in charge. Instead of trying harder, you trust more. You don't react to criticism or rush to defend yourself. Surrendered hearts don't edge others out, don't demand their rights and aren't self serving. Genuine surrender says, "God, if this problem, pain, sickness, or circumstance is needed to fulfill your purpose and glory in my life or in another's, please don't take it away." This level of maturity does not come easy.
everybody eventually surrenders to someone or something. if not to God, you will surrender to the opinions or expectations of others, to money, to resentment, to fear, or to your own pride, lusts, or ego. You were designed to worship God -- and if you fail to worship Him, you will create other things to give your life to. You are free to choose what you surrender to, but you are not free from the consequences of that choice. If you don't surrender to God, you surrender to chaos. Surrender is not the best way to live, it is the only way to live. Nothing else works. All other approaches lead to frustration, disappointment and self-destruction.
Regardless, surrendering is not a one-time event. There is a moment of surrender, and there is a practice of surrender, which is moment by moment and lifelong. The problem with a living sacrifice is that it can crawl off the altar, so you may have to re-surrender your life 50times a day.Question to Consider:
What area of my life am I holding back from God?
hmmm..
1) A friend once told me to "give up the person God has been asking me to release."
2) my goals consists of living an abundant life, a full on 360 degree change. Sometimes i think He is the one on the drivers seat cuz ultimately i mean well, but then there are times I get scared that it may not be what He wants for me and that always makes me wanna grab the wheel.. My heart is urging me not to settle for anything less than that.. Well, from here, I can only wish that what I want is what He wants for me too..
hmmm..
1) A friend once told me to "give up the person God has been asking me to release."
2) my goals consists of living an abundant life, a full on 360 degree change. Sometimes i think He is the one on the drivers seat cuz ultimately i mean well, but then there are times I get scared that it may not be what He wants for me and that always makes me wanna grab the wheel.. My heart is urging me not to settle for anything less than that.. Well, from here, I can only wish that what I want is what He wants for me too..













I love this. It makes me realize I need to surrender to God ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm following from hop.
ecwrites.blogspot.com
I love the positive attitude of this message. I'm a pretty positive type person...at least most of the time.
ReplyDeleteDianne @
http://buterflydreamz.blogspot.com/
Beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing this!
ReplyDeleteFollowing from the Sunday Stroll
Leetah East
http://leetahinwriting.blogspot.com -for my own thoughts
http://afkdinner.blogspot.com -for some meal ideas
Thank you for visiting my blog yesterday. God is always in control but allows us to make our own decisions. Thank goodness He is always there to pick up the pieces, to love us, and forgive us. Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and reading my post! I think I'd been good in following everybody back!.. Let me know if I forgot someone. (",)
ReplyDeleteHi Hynz! I just gave you the "Stylish Blogger Award". Please follow the link below and claim it! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day!
http://hercymonroe.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-first-blog-award.html
Hi Hynz! I just gave you the "Stylish Blogger Award". Please follow the link below and claim it! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day!
http://hercymonroe.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-first-blog-award.html