Quotes from the book:
Our relationship to Him has many aspects: He is our Creator and Maker, Lord and Master, Judge, Redeemer, Father, Savior, and much more. But the most shocking truth is, He also wants to be our Best friend. We were designed for this type of friendship with God. In the garden of Eden before the fall, it was like that. God just came and spent time with Adam and Eve. But ever since we decided that our way is better than God's, he has loved us enough to let us make our own mistakes. Now we are confused on how to get back to a real friendship with God.It's difficult to imagine how an intimate friendship is possible between an omnipotent, invisible, perfect God and finite, sinful human being. It's easier to understand a Master-servant relationship or a Creator-creation relationship or even Father-child.6 secrets to Becoming God's Best friend:
Through Constant Conversation. The fact is, He is with us all the time. So all we have to do is recognize this and do something about it. If we want to talk to Him, we just pray. We don't have to kneel down and close our eyes and bow our heads. Those are habits made to keep us from being distracted while we pray. Real prayer is just going through the day, letting Him know how you feel. Including Him in every activity, every conversation, every problem and even every thought. You can carry on a continuous, open-ended, conversation with Him throughout the day, talking with Him about whatever you are doing or thinking at that moment. "Praying without ceasing", means conversing with God while shopping, driving, working, or performing any other everyday tasks.
Through Continual Meditation. Meditation is often misunderstood as some difficult, mysterious ritual practiced by isolated monks and mystics. But meditation is simply focused thinking -- a skill anyone can learn and use anywhere. When you think about a problem over and over in your mind, that's called worry. When you think about God's word over and over in your mind, that's meditation. If you know how to worry, you already know how to meditate! You just need to switch your attention from your problems to God's Word. The more you meditate on His word, the less you have to worry.Prayer lets you speak to God; meditation lets God speak to you ~ Rick Warren
Question to Consider:
What can I do to remind myself to think about God and talk to Him more often throughout the day?













Hi! Loving your blog, especially the line about meditation.
ReplyDeleteNow following from http://BabyDealsDujour.com/blog
We track all of the daily baby deals in real-time. Would love for you to stop by and follow back!
I found you through the Monday Blog Hop and I am so glad I did!
ReplyDeleteYour question to consider...that has been on my mind for about a week. Lately, at the end of a long day, when I finally talk to God, I'm tired and worn out. I need to remember that He wants to hear my voice during the day when I'm cheerful and energetic, too!
Thanks for stopping by. I love that line too!
ReplyDelete@Lesley - I'm glad you find my post helpful.. I'm constantly trying to remind myself the same thing too..
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining Tuesday's Trips! Following back. To remember to say thank you and be grateful for all the little things as well as the big.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post. Gave me a lot to think about.
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower from Frugal Friends Tuesday blog hop. Nice to meet you!
Wife on the Roller Coaster
http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com
LOve Your Blog! Im I newer Follower from the Hop please Check me out and follow back
ReplyDeletehttp://singlecountrychick.blogspot.com/
I am blog hopping today and I am VERY happy to have found your blog.
ReplyDeletePlease come by and (if you aren't already) follow either or both of my blogs:
So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs: http://sostylilized.blogspot.com
Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com
Hope to have you stop by and follow.
Happy Tuesday!! :0)
Thanks for the reminder of this. I do think its hard sometimes to see the person who created me as my friend, but really why can't they be? God wants us to talk to us and confide in him and confess to him. We confide and confess to our friends, so really its not that hard to conceive...but sometimes I feel like what can measly little me say to glorious Him. Nothing profound of course....just gibberish really. Then I remember all the times I'd just sit and stare at my infant son listening to his gibberish and it was music to my ears. So I know I need to talk to him more. No excuses.
ReplyDeleteAnyway I am a new follower from the hop skip and jump blog hop. I'd love for you to follow back!
Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am a follower of yours as well!
ReplyDeleteI love the example that you just gave. I think if you have that kind of unconditional love for someone, it doesn't matter if they tell you something profound or not.. Every little thing they share to you pleases you.. They may seem insignificant at first, but as days go by, those things piles up and they become the thing that you cherished the most..
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by Heather!!
I enjoyed reading this ! very good !
ReplyDeleteNew to your blog and following, would love a follow back :)
XO
Following you via Blog Hop Skip & Jump Wednesday. Hoep you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteLove your blog! =) I am your newest follower, please follow back! =)
ReplyDeleteDawn
http://dawn-wemaynothaveitalltogether.blogspot.com/
Make a bracelet...and while making it think "don't forget him"
ReplyDeleteEvery time you see it on your wrist you will remember
Newest follower from I <3 Blogging Wednesday hop.
Please check out my blog and follow me back.
http://slepperymind.blogspot.com
Thanks! :)
thats a good idea (",)
ReplyDeletei love that line too.. thanks for stopping by
ReplyDeletecool. I struggle to remind myself the same thing Lesley. thanks for stopping by!!
ReplyDeleteJust hopping along on the Thursday Blog Hop. I am your newest follower and you can find us at The Mommy Chronicles
ReplyDeleteDanielle
Awesome post! So glad I found you through the hop! Am following you now!
ReplyDeleteYou can find me at:
http://rominagarciamartyrhood.blogspot.com/
Great idea! Following you from Terrific Thursday Blog Hop. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteVickie
http://victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com
Following as a Fab Friend!
ReplyDeletehttp:wearnailpolish.blogspot.com
Great reminder! Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower. ~ Ellen
ReplyDelete