Quotes from the book:
God specializes in giving people a fresh start.
I don't know the key to success but one key to failure is to try to please everyone. Being controlled by the opinions of others is a guaranteed way to miss His purposes for your life. No one can serve two masters.
Your purpose becomes the standard you use to evaluate which activities are essential and which aren't. Without a clear purpose you have no foundation on which you base your decisions, allocate your time, and use your resources. You will tend to make choices based on circumstances, pressures and your mood at that moment.
There is nothing quite as potent as a focused life. The power of focusing can be seen in light. Diffused life has little power or impact, but you can concentrate its energy by focusing it. With a magnifying glass, the ray of the sun can be focused to set grass or paper on fire. When light is focused even more as a laser beam, it can cut through steel.. "focus all energy on one thing, forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead."Question to Consider:
What would my family and friends say is the driving force of my life? What do I want it to be?
ahh. This is hard to face. I haven't bothered on what my family would think of me. Maybe.. probably they would say that materialism is the driving force of my life.. simply because they witnessed me aim most for the best quality, expensive, popular products. I don't know. I'm just not one who would buy something I don't like just because its on sale, im more of "i know what i want, i want what i want, and i'll get it no matter how impractical it seems".. I look at everything that I buy as something I'm gonna live with forever.. I haven't really been into giving away my things, even when I don't use them anymore, I still like to keep them.. So in my head, I kind of divide the cost of the product in the years that I'm gonna have it, so that makes the price look insignificant.. LOLz, i know excuses, excuses!!! I'm actually scared to find out what my family thinks of me.. with that being said.. I think my friends would say, fear is the driving force of my life. Fear of rejection, fear of further emotional pain, fear of lack. Fear of being too caught up in a negative emotional cycle that I wouldn't be able to rely on me to save me. Fear of finding myself in a wrong relationship and not be capable of getting out because of
(A) lack of options (u know, we have so many kids, and i have no skills so even when he cheats on me on my face or abuse me, i'd still stay w/ him),
(B) pride or
(C) i invested too much on it and im way too stubborn to cut my losses..
(A) lack of options (u know, we have so many kids, and i have no skills so even when he cheats on me on my face or abuse me, i'd still stay w/ him),
(B) pride or
(C) i invested too much on it and im way too stubborn to cut my losses..













0 very awesome comments:
Post a Comment